The Ohariu Valley Golf Club started from humble beginnings in 1952 with the slow development of the course and facilities from that period to the present day.
The original clubhouse was extremely basic and in the early 1970’s, a significant extension saw the addition of the present bar and office facilities that feature in the clubhouse photo above.
The course was originally treeless and suited those golfers who preferred to play in windswept open spaces, however the eventual growth of the many trees planted over the years has seen the course develop into a well maintained and unforgiving challenge to golfers.
The club has a new full time greenkeeper, Laurence Fennemore, who started in January 2017. Administration of the Club is currently carried out by our volunteer committee, with part time office administration by one of our members, Mike O’Shaughnessy.
For many years a number of members have spent many long hours volunteering their time to improve and maintain the course. Without their work, the course would not be the asset it has become.
The mailing address is:
PO Box 13255
The clubhouse number is 04 4784009
The club e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org