Opening Day 2017
- Saturday 14 January 2017 11am. Tee off at 12.30
- All members, guests, visitors welcome
- Bubbles and Brunch
- Mixed Canadian Foursomes (the golf format)
- Cost $15 – Golf is $5 and Brunch $10
- Entries in by 9am Thursday 12 January
- Partners welcome to the brunch at 11am
- Email entry to email@example.com
News, Upcoming Events, Useful Links and General Information
Latest News (Updated on 10 January 2017)
December 2016 – Club champions decided for 2016.
- Paul Inwood in the Seniors Division
- Mike O’Shaughnessy in the Intermediate Division
- Phil Crosby in the Junior Division
- Wendy van der Kogt in the Womens Division
1 May 2016 – As of Monday 2 May 2016, the internal “out of bounds” between Holes 5 and 6 is removed.
Below you will find links to useful and related websites as well as a short glossary of golf competition terms.
www.prodrive.co.nz – Prodrive Golf, Thorndon Quay, Wellington – our friendly sponsors
www.golf.co.nz – Check your handicap and look over your recent games.
www.wgi.co.nz – Wellington Golf Association.
Competitions and how they are played
Eclectic The aggregate of the lowest score taken on the same hole in each nine, less 50% of handicap. Note: It is not necessary to play the full 18 hole round to participate in this event.
Bisque Handicap shots taken where selected.
Blind Partner Normal competition with partners drawn after completion.
American Stableford Score points (1 for bogey, 2 for par, 3 for birdie etc). Stableford on gross score at each hole then add the course handicap.
Canadian Foursome Both partners tee off, then select one ball that is played alternately.
Foursome One ball only, with each partner playing alternative shots and teeing off alternately
American Foursome Both players tee off then play a second stroke with their partners ball. One ball is then selected and played alternately.